About Maersk Air Cargo
At A.P. Moller-Maersk we have a vision that’s larger than the ocean: To provide truly integrated logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions. To succeed with our strategic ambitions, Maersk Air Cargo (MAC) plays a vital role in offering cargo transport by air for customers globally.
In MAC we have vast experience as an air cargo and ACMI operator, currently operating and managing a fleet consisting of +/-20 Boeing freighters with bases in Cologne and Leipzig, Germany, and Billund, Denmark. The fleet of aircraft will soon be expanded with 2 Boeing 777 freighters to support our long-haul operation.
We are currently looking for a Head of Training/Nominated Person for Crew Training (NPCT) to run our internal Training department, collaborating with Nominated Persons and teams across the organization.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Head of Training to lead and ensure a sustained, compliant high level of training quality, efficiency and effectiveness. Teamwork and collaboration are key elements in your approach to work, teams and colleagues. Pragmatic problem-solving is part of your mentality, and you find great pleasure in overcoming various obstacles while following through on initiatives. Needless to say, you have an open mind and a respectful approach to all your colleagues and stakeholders.
As the Head of Training at MAC, you will play a critical role in ensuring the highest level of training quality, compliance, and safety. You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Quality Assurance: Ensure sustained high-quality training as per our Training Manual.
- Regulatory Compliance: Maintain full compliance with rules and regulations set forth by the Danish CAA (“Trafikstyrelsen”)/DTA/EASA, overseeing the content of flight training programs, instructor proficiency, training tools, and equipment.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Continuously monitor and assess all training activities, progress, instructor performance, LPC programs, and equipment.
- Continuous Improvement: Seek new knowledge, methods, and ideas to enhance flight training continually.
- Decision-Making: Participate in key decisions regarding flight training, including those at the Chief Flight Instructor level or lower.
- Documentation: Ensure training documentation adheres to regulatory requirements.
- Instructor Selection: Collaborate with NPFO and Chief Pilots in the selection of Flight and Ground Instructors.
- Training Facilities: Plan for and provide adequate and efficient training facilities for basic and recurrent training.
- Performance Evaluation: Keep relevant stakeholders informed of crew development and performance during basic training, evaluating potentials for upgrades to Commander.
Please be aware that due to our organisational setup, it may not be possible to participate in regular line production as Crew Member while holding the position as Head of Training.
We are looking for
- Extensive experience in aviation training and safety management.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements, particularly EASA.
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Commitment to safety and quality.
- Proactive and detail oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in Danish and English
- Valid Danish work permit
You will become part of the Maersk Air Cargo leadership team with direct reference to our CEO & Accountable Manager. Due to the nature of your position, you will be able to greatly impact the way we train our Crew/Pilots with a keen eye towards safety, quality, and cost. Furthermore, we offer an informal working environment with excellent colleagues who all strive to do their best to get cargo delivered in a timely and safe fashion to our customers around the world.
It also goes without saying that we thrive on diversity of thought in all forms, and we see diversity as a strength in building high-performing teams across brands, cultures, and locations. Additionally, by joining us you become part of our global Maersk family that moves 20% of global trade every day and all the way.
If you see yourself in this role and you are keen to become a part of our journey at Maersk Air Cargo, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Application deadline: December 5th, 2023
Start date: April 1st to June 1st, 2024.