We have experienced an increasing demand for our small-ship voyages with Albatros Expeditions. Therefore, we have created a position as Production Lead for our Expedition team. Your tasks will be to deliver production material to our commercial department and to our partners. Furthermore, production of supplements and ‘pre and post’ production for our voyages and creating all text material to our web and brochure production. If you see yourself in an international environment, we would like to hear from you soon as possible, as we are conducting interviews in the end of July on a regular basis.
Albatros Expeditions is seeking a process-oriented, resourceful and analytical individual to support the development and launch of the annual product line-up for our core Polar products, both ship and land based. This position, which reports to the Product Manager, will support the essential processes and administration for the creation of all our polar travel products.
Working with the insight provided by the marketing, sales and operations departments, and supported by industry statistics, you will play a key role in the product process with your data-driven analysis. Key objective is to produce first draft product schedules up to 2.5 years before sailing, with confirmed and agreed itineraries and schedules available two years before sailing.
To be successful in this position, the Production lead should have experience in a similar role, preferably within the travel or tourism sector.
- Create and manage a rigorous product development and approvals process that provides internal and external insights while improving efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of our product launches.
- Maintain integrity of all key product documents and schedules following launch and ensure they are up-to-date and reflect any changes, e.g. Charters etc.;
- Provide support in pricing, loading and maintaining new and existing product using in-house reservation system;
- Evaluate existing itineraries for improved quality, travel efficiency and cost effectiveness;
- Together with the financial analyst, ensure pricing meets profitability guidelines and is representative of the market value;
- Track and monitor competitive performance in terms of rate parity; maintain up-to-date competitive analysis in order to drive product innovation;
- Initiate and support marketing promotion of products, including providing detailed itinerary descriptions, USP’s and ship documents.
Mandatory Skills and Knowledge:
- Travel professional with minimum 3 years’ experience
- Meticulous, analytical and detail oriented; well organized and skilled at time management.
- Able to deliver accuracy of data by focusing on every detail.
- Some logistics and operations experience from supplier and tour operator sides of the industry.
- Proven strong written communicator (English/Danish)
- Adaptable and independently motivated.
Production Lead at Albatros Expeditions
A travel agency with consciousness and heart
Albatros Travel is a large, international and dynamic travel agency with 140 skilled and engaged colleagues from all over the Nordic countries. In addition, more than 600 freelance tour leaders work on our tours.
Working at Albatros Travel offers great challenges and opportunities, as you become part of an ambitious and very successful organization.
We are passionate about travel and the world, and we expect you to be, too!
Learn more at www.albatros-travel.com